Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Keeping your composure, keeping in shape

I am among those interested in exploring composition as a constant activity, something we do all the time but are only aware of sometimes. (Conceptual or linguistic framing is very similar to composition in this regard in that it, too, refers to a process that humans engage in all the time, sometimes with conscious awareness, sometimes without.)

In this regard I find the term composure intriguing. For example the idea of maintaining one's composure seems related to maintaining an internally-monitored composition of oneself, different yet similar to composing a personal "look" via our choices of clothing, etc. And I mean we would prefer it if no one messed with our internal composition! :)

In regard to composure --and with further regard to internality because this is an example of my "inner DJ" at work-- this post in fact began with a Talking Heads lyric floated up into my consciousness that begins with ...Lost my shape, trying to act casual...  Give it a listen if you so desire...





No comments:

Post a Comment